From: "Florian D." <flockmock@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] another "little" problem appeared (ATI driver/direct rendering/kernel)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:23:46
1 Michel Merinoff wrote:
2 > Well, I had been using the kernel 2.6.17-r8 and everything seemed ok
3 > with the subj. But then I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.18-r1, and there's
4 > one feature I can't get started with.
5 > As it is said in a few faqs (including gentoo faq) of howto install DRI,
6 > in order to get the thing working you must enable kernel agp support
7 > with the proper driver installed. My driver seemed to be
8 > CONFIG_AGP_AMD64. It was enabled in the kernel previous, it is enabled
9 > in the kernel actual:
10 > michel@michelle /usr/src/linux $ cat .config|grep AGP_AMD64
11 > CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y
12 >
13 > But it is not seen when I use make menuconfig. I syncronically checked
14 > all the options which were enabled at the previous kernel, but it did
15 > not appear, and I can't find out why. I tried to check dependencies, but
16 > didn't succeed.
17 >
18 > And the thing is dri doesn't work with 2.6.18-r1. I checked 2.6.17-r8,
19 > it does.
20 hi,
21 it is in:
22 -> Device Drivers
23 -> Character devices
24
25 on my computer, it has been selected by another config-item (I don´t know which one, though), so I
26 cannot change it. On your computer it is obviously the same.
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list