From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: how to start strigi?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:03:30
1 On Wednesday 17 Mar 2010 13:53:26 Duncan wrote:
2 > Paul Stear posted on Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:16:51 +0000 as excerpted:
3 > > I thought all of my problems were solved, however, I have noticed that
4 > > indexing is not working although I have everything installed. I seem to
5 > > remember some time ago that nepomuk/strigi could be disabled/enabled
6 > > with the click of the mouse.
7 > > Could some kind soul tell me where that button is because I do not seem
8 > > to have it on my system settings page in KDE 4.4.1. Am I missing
9 > > something?
10 >
11 > I'm not going to try to help you directly as I don't know, despite my kde
12 > lists involvement as well as using kde on Gentoo myself, but if you don't
13 > get an answer here, try the kde general or kde linux lists. If you wish,
14 > you can use the list2news or list2web interface at gmane.org, where they
15 > are the gmane.comp.kde.general and gmane.comp.kde.linux newsgroups. (I
16 > follow all my lists, kde, gentoo, and pan, all three, as newsgroups on
17 > gmane.)
18 >
19 > If you do try the kde lists, pay special attention to posts by Kevin
20 > Krammer, as he's a very helpful kde dev. =:^) I think all us list
21 > regulars appreciate his help and insights into the kde developer side of
22 > things (both code and social) that users just don't normally get a chance
23 > to see or understand.
24 Thanks Duncan, I'll try those lists.
25 Paul
26 --
27 This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.