From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: how to start strigi?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:03:22
1 Paul Stear posted on Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:16:51 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > I thought all of my problems were solved, however, I have noticed that
4 > indexing is not working although I have everything installed. I seem to
5 > remember some time ago that nepomuk/strigi could be disabled/enabled
6 > with the click of the mouse.
7 > Could some kind soul tell me where that button is because I do not seem
8 > to have it on my system settings page in KDE 4.4.1. Am I missing
9 > something?
10
11 I'm not going to try to help you directly as I don't know, despite my kde
12 lists involvement as well as using kde on Gentoo myself, but if you don't
13 get an answer here, try the kde general or kde linux lists. If you wish,
14 you can use the list2news or list2web interface at gmane.org, where they
15 are the gmane.comp.kde.general and gmane.comp.kde.linux newsgroups. (I
16 follow all my lists, kde, gentoo, and pan, all three, as newsgroups on
17 gmane.)
18
19 If you do try the kde lists, pay special attention to posts by Kevin
20 Krammer, as he's a very helpful kde dev. =:^) I think all us list
21 regulars appreciate his help and insights into the kde developer side of
22 things (both code and social) that users just don't normally get a chance
23 to see or understand.
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman