From: Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OpenOffice.org 2.0
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:05:58
1 Neil Stone wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Has anyone gotten Gentoo + OOo2.0 + Java working happily together ?? I
6 > have spend several hours scratching my head trying to suss out what I am
7 > doing wrong.. seems as though OOo can't find the Java install dir.. I
8 > have tried many directorys within /opt.. no joy..
11 Due to the fact that the OOo people can't release amd64 builds, you
12 cannot use OOo-bin-2 with java currently. We are working on providing
13 both 32bit and 64 bit JREs side by side which will help solve the
14 problem. In the mean time you could try to hack out the java installs,
15 but I imagfine this would only screw your machine up further.
16 USE="-java" does allow you to install OOo-bin-2 however.
17 --
18 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list