From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OpenOffice.org 2.0
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:28:20
1 Mike Doty wrote:
2
3 > Due to the fact that the OOo people can't release amd64 builds, you
4 > cannot use OOo-bin-2 with java currently. We are working on providing
5 > both 32bit and 64 bit JREs side by side which will help solve the
6 > problem. In the mean time you could try to hack out the java
7 > installs, but I imagfine this would only screw your machine up
8 > further. USE="-java" does allow you to install OOo-bin-2 however.
9
10 I have had "success" building it on AMD64 platform, in regards to java.
11 However the emerge fails when building OOo2's internal BerkleyDB.
12 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=2818859#2818859
13
14 However in the light of Mike's comments I guess this is why
15 openoffice-bin was the "solution" for me in the end ;)
16
17 Would it be possible to build a 32bit java and install it onto the amd64
18 system, and use that? ie, would it work if we simply ran a 32bit jdk?
19 sun-java is only 32bit isn't it?
20
21 Naturally this would not be ideal :(
22