From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Encryption Solution
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:16:59
1 Florian Philipp schrieb:
2 > Tom schrieb:
3 [...]
4 >> The main issue is obviously the filesystem.
5 >> As far as I understand it, both methods work 'atop' any filesystem that
6 >> the underlying OS supports.
7 >> Because I want both windows and linux support, this would mean vfat,
8 >> ntfs, or ext2(3,4??).
9 >
10 > Last time I checked, ext2 didn't work with Truecrypt on Windows due to a
11 > bug. If you use another solution (or the problem is fixed), I'd
12 > recommend ext3 or ext4 without extents (so it can still be mounted as
13 > ext2 by the Windows driver).
16 A friend just told me that the problems between ext2 (IFS driver) and
17 Truecrypt are solved.