From: Piotr Pruszczak <p.pruszczak@××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: upgrade from stable to unstable
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:04:21
1 Harm Geerts napisa³(a):
2 > On Tuesday 07 February 2006 22:48, Piotr Pruszczak wrote:
3 >
4 >>emerge -uD world :
5 >>
6 >>libXft blocks X.org-6.8.2 --->>> BUT I DO NOT HAVE libXft
7 >
8 > You are trying to merge modular X which is hard masked for a reason.
9 > Now you know why.
10 OK, I was well involved in Debian unstable dependencies on my old
11 system, so this doesn't make me mad ;))
12 >
13 > But you're not the first to come accross this and can benefit from the
14 > experiences of other users. Who are nice enough to document the problems on
15 > the gentoo wiki, mailing lists and the forums.
16 > My advice would be to search those first, the chance someone already posted a
17 > solution is reasonably large.
20 OK, so the solution is :
21 emerge --clean
22 emerge --depclean
23 revdep-rebuild (no success, however I think this could be important to
24 do it)
25 emerge -uD --newuse xorg-x11
26
27 it seems, that some dependencies on compile were not made by ebuild
28 default - but now it works ;)
29
30 however - thanks for advices.
31