From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: upgrade from stable to unstable
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:33:10
1 On Tuesday 07 February 2006 22:48, Piotr Pruszczak wrote:
2 > emerge -uD world :
3 >
4 > libXft blocks X.org-6.8.2 --->>> BUT I DO NOT HAVE libXft
5 You are trying to merge modular X which is hard masked for a reason.
6 Now you know why.
7
8 But you're not the first to come accross this and can benefit from the
9 experiences of other users. Who are nice enough to document the problems on
10 the gentoo wiki, mailing lists and the forums.
11 My advice would be to search those first, the chance someone already posted a
12 solution is reasonably large.
13
14 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Modular_Xorg#Fix_Portage_after_Installation
15 --