From: Piotr Pruszczak <p.pruszczak@××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] upgrade from stable to unstable
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:51:05
1 I just wanted to upgrade from stable to ~amd64
2 and
3 the main problem is, that after unmerging all of old stuff X.org-6.8.2
4 I cannot emerge new modular X
5
6 many times I looked for the reason, but - exactly - I cannot see what is
7 wrong.. The only thing I am sure - I have some errors like :
8
9 Xdmx not found
10 Xrandr has not prototype...
11
12 I am more unlucky with :
13
14 revdep-rebuild is not able to solve the troubles
15
16 emerge -uD world :
17
18 libXft blocks X.org-6.8.2 --->>> BUT I DO NOT HAVE libXft
19
20 when I am trying to emerge it - it fails with ebuild errors ...
21
22 anybody can help me ? of course - I can just start my machine from the
23 scratch, but I thought - it is nice idea to try to repair what I broken,
24 however - I am new to Gentoo and have no knowledge HOW to do it
25
26 of course - I have modular X i package.unmask && I have ~amd64 in my
27 make.conf
28
29 best regards,
32 Piotr