From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] upgrade from stable to unstable
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:00:40
1 Hi,
2
3 Piotr Pruszczak wrote:
4 > anybody can help me ? of course - I can just start my machine from the
5 > scratch, but I thought - it is nice idea to try to repair what I broken,
6 > however - I am new to Gentoo and have no knowledge HOW to do it
7 >
8 > of course - I have modular X i package.unmask && I have ~amd64 in my
9 > make.conf
10
11 Honestly, if you are new to Gentoo and don't feel familiar with it, don't go
12 with ~amd64, stay at stable. And maybe you should wait till modular x is at
13 least out of package.mask.
14
15 > libXft blocks X.org-6.8.2 --->>> BUT I DO NOT HAVE libXft
16
17 Then libXft would get installed as dependency of something and so would
18 old-style xorg-x11, which causes a conflict. Append -pt to see what exactly
19 pulls in these packages and try to fix these packages or wait till they get fixed.
20
21 Regards,
24 Simon Stelling
25 Gentoo/AMD64 Operational Co-Lead