From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: doc index
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 17:16:26
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > 1) Consider generalizing the bug-filing HOWTO a bit (beyond keywording),
3 > and linking it at the top under documentation. Gentoo's bugzilla
4 > needs a bit of extra hand-holding the first time or two, even for the
5 > normally pretty technically literate who may have filed bugs elsewhere
6 > before, and this should help a bit with quality plus encouraging them to
7 > be filed.
8
9 I have deleted all links to this one as it is out of date and there is
10 actually not much to do anymore. You can file a bug in a completely
11 fubared manner, it will still reach us, thanks to jakub ;) So, I think
12 this document is entirely deprecated. Sure, it would probably encourage
13 people to file them, but then, at least in regard to ~amd64 keyword
14 requests, we're hopelessly overworked. Most of these bugs are lying
15 around for a loooong time simply because it's even hard for us to keep
16 up with the stablization request and normal bugfixing, which both have
17 much higher priorities.
18
19 > 2) One more line under documentation, mentioning the further resources at
20 > the bottom, might be nice.
21
22 Should show up with the next cvs<->www sync. Could make it a link though
23 because GuideXML doesn't use semantic anchors for the pages it generates :/
26 Kind Regards,
27
28 Simon Stelling
29 Gentoo/AMD64 developer