From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: doc index
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 16:08:33
1 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o> posted 45278719.7070403@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:53:13 +0200:
3
4 > I remember some time ago somebody on this list mentioned that our
5 > documentation is somewhat spread all over the gentoo site. I have
6 > updated our project page [1] to list all user documentation just on the
7 > top and all further resources in a seperate chapter at the bottom of the
8 > page. There is not more documentation then before, but at least you now
9 > know where to look for it. If it's not listed on the project page, it
10 > probably doesn't exist or is not amd64-related.
11 >
12 > [1] http://amd64.gentoo.org/
13
14 That was me. Thanks! It'll be much simpler to tell folks were to look,
15 now. =8^)
16
17 Two further suggestions:
18
19 1) Consider generalizing the bug-filing HOWTO a bit (beyond keywording),
20 and linking it at the top under documentation. Gentoo's bugzilla
21 needs a bit of extra hand-holding the first time or two, even for the
22 normally pretty technically literate who may have filed bugs elsewhere
23 before, and this should help a bit with quality plus encouraging them to
24 be filed.
25
26 2) One more line under documentation, mentioning the further resources at
27 the bottom, might be nice.
28
29 Otherwise, looks great, and it's /definitely/ more useful for the average
30 user than it was before! =8^)
35 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
38 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list