From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Systemd without migration
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 14:46:00
1 On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 9:04 AM, mr_L4N <serverplus@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thanks for your note, now system boot with openrc correctly, but absolutely
3 > without network (possibly driver's problem). I'm on an Asus X79
4
5 That is quite possible. How did you build your kernel? Genkernel's
6 defaults should give you the same configuration as the Gentoo install
7 CD, so if that worked your install should work as far as drivers go.
8
9 If you're using openrc you'll probably need a network manager, such as
10 dhcpcd. It has been a while since I've used it so perhaps that has
11 changed. Either dhcpcd or systemd-networkd should work for a dhcp
12 network with no tweaking if you enable them and your drivers are good.
13
14 If you have iproute2 or net-tools installed you can run either
15 "ifconfig -a" or "ip link" to show all interfaces that are available.
16 If you see your device then your kernel is good and the problem is the
17 network manager. If you don't see your device the problem lies in the
18 kernel.
21 Rich