From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems after Xorg 7.1.1 upgrade
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:00:53
1 mephist0666@×××.net wrote:
2 > Mark Haney wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I upgraded my system to Xorg 7.1.1 yesterday and when I booted this
5 >> morning KDE doesn’t start. In the Xorg.0.log just after loading the
6 >> kbd_drv.so module I get:
7 >>
8 >> (EE) No Drivers Available
9 >>
10 >> Fatal server error:
11 >>
12 >> No screens found
13 >>
14 >> I’ve double checked my xorg.conf, it’s the same one I used in 7.0. I
15 >> wouldn’t think there’d be that much difference in the conf files. I
16 >> am running this on a laptop that has an ATI radeon Xpress 200M and in
17 >> the xorg.conf file I was using the ‘ati’ driver instead of ‘fglrx’
18 >> since I never could make that work. I instead switched that to
19 >> ‘radeon’ but no effect. I get no other details out of the log file,
20 >> so now I’m stuck.
21 >>
22 >> Can someone help me out?
23 >>
24 >> --------
25 >>
26 >> Mark Haney
27 >>
28 >> Sr. Systems Administrator
29 >>
30 >> ERC Broadband
31 >>
32 > Hi,
33 >
34 > do you have the latest ati-drivers installed ?
35 >
36 > cuz of the API change in xorg-xserver... only the newest drivers
37 > support 7.1.x
38 >
39 > HTH
42 I have the latest in stable. I re-emerged them after the change and got
43 X back, but now i"ve got the giant font problem again. I should just
44 learn never to upgrade X.
48 Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.
49
50 Mark Haney
51 Sr. Systems Administrator
52 ERC Broadband