From: "mephist0666@×××.net" <mephist0666@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems after Xorg 7.1.1 upgrade
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:55:02
1 Mark Haney wrote:
2 >
3 > I upgraded my system to Xorg 7.1.1 yesterday and when I booted this
4 > morning KDE doesn't start. In the Xorg.0.log just after loading the
5 > kbd_drv.so module I get:
9 > (EE) No Drivers Available
13 > Fatal server error:
14 >
15 > No screens found
19 > I've double checked my xorg.conf, it's the same one I used in 7.0. I
20 > wouldn't think there'd be that much difference in the conf files. I
21 > am running this on a laptop that has an ATI radeon Xpress 200M and in
22 > the xorg.conf file I was using the 'ati' driver instead of 'fglrx'
23 > since I never could make that work. I instead switched that to
24 > 'radeon' but no effect. I get no other details out of the log file,
25 > so now I'm stuck.
29 > Can someone help me out?
35 > --------
36 >
37 > Mark Haney
38 >
39 > Sr. Systems Administrator
40 >
41 > ERC Broadband
45 Hi,
46
47 do you have the latest ati-drivers installed ?
48
49 cuz of the API change in xorg-xserver... only the newest drivers support
50 7.1.x
51
52 HTH