From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Completely remove BIND
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 18:43:14
1 Mark Haney, mused, then expounded:
2 > I've done something really stupid and FUBAR'd my BIND install on what will
3 > be my new slave DNS server. The problem is that no matter what I do, when
4 > I try to start BIND the system claims 'named is already started'.
7 Sorry for asking the obvious..
8
9 Have you tried - /etc/init.d/{bind} zap
10
11 If you haven't rebooted the system to running flag is still set in /var.
12
13 Bob
14 > What I want to do now is start over, tabula rasa, and rebuild BIND. I've
15 > tried emerge -C bind bind-tools but when I emerge it back, I still get the
16 > same problem.
17 >
18 > So, any decent, non-system-destructive ways to wipe BIND off the system.
19 >
20 -