From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] PDF Editor
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:56:33
1 On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 13:50 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 26 September 2006 10:20, sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net> wrote
3 > about '[gentoo-amd64] PDF Editor':
4 > > Can anyone recommend an application to edit a pdf file, and of course
5 > > works on 64 bit Gentoo?
6 >
7 > PDF isn't meant to be edited. Most (if not all) of the TeX tools in
8 > portage as well as OpenOffice and KOffice can export to PDF, and anything
9 > that can print to cups should be able to generate a PDF via the cups-pdf
10 > fake printer.
11 >
12 > That said, I do not know of any application that lets you open an existing
13 > PDF and--say--correct typos, though I won't go far enough to say one
14 > doesn't exist.
17 evince/poppler/kpdf is working on it, but write support is not finished
18 in poppler yet. I'm not aware of any other pdf editing software (except
19 acrobat, or course).
20
21 Daniel (evince maintainer)