From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] PDF Editor
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:52:58
1 On Tuesday 26 September 2006 10:20, sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-amd64] PDF Editor':
3 > Can anyone recommend an application to edit a pdf file, and of course
4 > works on 64 bit Gentoo?
5
6 PDF isn't meant to be edited. Most (if not all) of the TeX tools in
7 portage as well as OpenOffice and KOffice can export to PDF, and anything
8 that can print to cups should be able to generate a PDF via the cups-pdf
9 fake printer.
10
11 That said, I do not know of any application that lets you open an existing
12 PDF and--say--correct typos, though I won't go far enough to say one
13 doesn't exist.
16 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
17 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
18 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
19 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh