From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: New install of amd64 with raid
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:41:28
1 Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> posted
2 200609132016.34488.gentoo@××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Wed, 13
3 Sep 2006 20:16:34 +0100:
4
5 > The docs do not make it clear how to set the bios, should I set it for
6 > normal ide drives and the use linux raid?
7 > Or should I set the raid in bios (ie create the arrays) and load the
8 > correct raid drivers and then use linux raid?
9
10 Set it for normal IDE/SATA/whatever drives. You won't need the BIOS-RAID
11 drivers, but you'll need the normal chipset drivers still. That had me
12 initially confused the first time I tried it.
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list