From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Amoeba file system
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:43:55
1 Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> posted
2 200704091202.47469.prh@××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Mon, 09 Apr
3 2007 12:02:47 +0100:
4
5 > I suppose what I meant was "the standard version that can be compiled on
6 > a multi-lib system that's mostly 64-bit", rather than a precompiled
7 > version (which is 32-bit).
8
9 Ahh... That makes more sense. =8^)
10
11 That the issue seems to be a timing/race condition of some sort is
12 interesting, but would explain why the issue seems so unusual. No
13 /wonder/ you can't find much else on what seemed like it should be a
14 perfectly reproducible bug! Your system just falls in the wrong timing
15 slot, it would seem. =8^( I'm still wondering what the mechanism is, but
16 this is a strange one, all right. You should feel privileged that the
17 fates favored you with something so unusual. =8^) (Yeah, I know, about
18 like those folks with the one in a million birth defect... At least the
19 computer isn't a part of your body you have to live with...)
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list