From: Richard Schiffelers <ricrjhl@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] multi-system inventory tool
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:29:42
1 Citeren Mark Creamer <mcreamer@××××××××.net>:
2
3 > Since I suspect there are a number of sysadmins on this list, I wonder
4 > has anyone seen a tool, maybe LAMP-based or similar that can be used to
5 > manage server inventory specs? For example, be able to store CPU specs,
6 > RAM, OS Version, IP addresses, applications installed, etc. My team and
7 > I have a couple hundred servers to keep track of...Windows, Linux, AIX,
8 > AS400 etc.
9
10 You might want to take a look at "OCS Inventory" which you can find at:
11
12 http://ocsinventory.sourceforge.net/?lng=en
13
14 This one supports inventory for both windows and linux systems. I'm currently
15 using the 3.00 version in a windows only network and it works great (using
16 MySQL for the database).
17
18 Grtz,
19