From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kernel recompile?
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:49:48
1 Pawel Kraszewski wrote:
2 > Dnia wtorek, 31 października 2006 19:39, Daniel Iliev napisał:
5 >> It seems correct to me. Now you have to install the kernel image.
6 >> Now the kernel image is compiled and can be found in
7 >> /usr/src/linux/arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage
8 >> (replace x86_64 with your arch. This is the gentoo-amd64 list, therefore
9 >> I suppose it is x86_64)
12 > Well, and what's wrong with "make modules_install install" ? This copies all
13 > the necessary files, updates maps, updates lilo (if necessary)...
14 >
15 > You may even try to compile&install kernel in a one-shot:
16 >
17 > #> make clean all modules_install install
18 >
19 > Underscores, spaces and operation order ARE correct here. Clean doesn't
20 > wipe .config .
24 Pawel, I didn't say something's wrong with "make install".
25
26 *Nothing's wrong with "make install".*
27
28 I just prefer to do it manually. Since I'm used to the manual
29 installation I totally forgot about "make install" and that's the reason
30 I didn't proposed it.
33 Best regards,
34 Daniel
38 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list