From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: AMD64 - 2.6.14-rc2-rt7 - great for real time audio
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:26:54
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > of lasting for years and becoming urban legends. So many people seem
3 > happy with ck-sources so I think if it doesn't work for me it must be
4 > me.
5
6 the ck kernel has specific uses. It's main purpose is to be a good
7 desktop kernel with a concentration on interactivity. This goal does
8 parallel with the goal of audio users, however, I believe there are
9 differences in latency tolerances between those two camps (the desktop
10 user and the audio user).
11
12 I personally use it on a production terminal server running gentoo with
13 about 15 users. The ck kernel performs flawlessly. I'm about to upgrade
14 to the newer one, as Con has just stabilized the swap-prefetching
15 feature that I would love to offer to my users.
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list