From: Mihir Sevak <mihir.sevak@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64]emerge make my comp slow :(
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 12:52:56
1 Hello everyone,
2 i tried to set my dma = 1 by
3 "hdparm -d 1 /dev/hda"
4 and got an error mesg.
5 "HDIO_SET_DMA failed: operation not permitted"
6 Of course next step was google on it and i varified that my kernel is
7 tweaked like...
10 <*> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support
11 <*> Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk/cdrom/tape/floppy support
12 <*> Include IDE/ATA-2 DISK support
13 [*] Use multi-mode by default
14 <*> Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support
15 [*] PCI IDE chipset support
16 [*] Sharing PCI IDE interrupts support
17 [*] Generic PCI bus-master DMA support
18 [*] Use PCI DMA by default when available
19 <*> Intel PIIXn chipsets support
20
21 Is there any other module to be added to kernel or compiled as module???
22
23 Thanks.