From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] ATI driver conflict with xorg-server
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 04:57:14
1 Doing this on phone as chromium update still going (in console mode).
2
3 Ati-drivers-15.12-r1 requires xorg-server-1.17.4 or less, yet world update
4 insists on pulling in xorg-server-1.8 which then pulls in masked versions
5 of xf86-input-evdev & xf86-video-ati & and the emerge dies because the 2
6 versions of xorg-server can't co-exist.
7
8 I want ati-drivers as my led screen does not look good with basic radeon
9 driver.
10
11 I am wondering why masked versions are being pulled in as nothing in
12 package.accept_keywords nor package.unmask
13
14 In world I just have xorg-x11 meta package. I'm wondering if I should
15 replace that with specific packages. The ebuild does not suggest its
16 pulling in the 1.8 version, but I may be miss-reading it.
17
18 I have manually installed the latest stable versions of the affected
19 packages & expect it to work.