From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:04:11
On Thu, 10 May 2012 15:07:09 +0200
Benny Pedersen <me@××××.org> wrote:

> > why not ext4 ?, imho ext4 is more caple of so big drives, specially on > fsck, my own qnap ts 419 p+ supports both so it must be good :=) >
My plan for the drive is long-term and portable storage of digital files. The idea is basically write once, read many. Also, the drive has been formatted into several smaller partitions. For this kind of use I don't need the capabilities of ext4. In fact I don't even need a journal and could probably use ext2 just as well. Frank Peters

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com>