From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Troubleshooting XComposite
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:07:49
1 2009/1/2 Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>:
2 > Beso wrote:
3 >> you need also to enable damage and render extension in the extensions
4 >> section. here's what
5 >> ity should look like:
6 >>
7 >> Section "Extensions"
8 >> Option "DAMAGE" "true"
9 >> Option "RENDER" "true"
10 >> Option "Composite" "Enable"
11 >> EndSection
14 >> you'll also need to enable texturedrender in your device section to
15 >> enable the Xv. i've been not
16 >> using fglrx for some months now (the xf86-video-ati is quite enough
17 >> for my needs) and i don't
18 >> remember all the hacks that are available for fglrx driver. look at
19 >> the phoronix forums for more
20 >> detailed configuration infos about fglrx.
21 >>
22 > Thank you.
23 >> by the way, what ati board do you posses?! maybe the xf86-video-ati is
24 >> better than fglrx for
25 >> your needs (it has xv, exa and opengl acceleration for boards till r500).
28 > R515, so in theory, the radeon or radeonhd drivers should work. In
29 > practice, I had nothing but trouble with them on my experimental setup.
30 >
31 the radeon driver has your board inside the supported boards. it has 3d accel,
32 textured render, uses exa (which is better than xaa), has tear free x-video and
33 other goodies. anyway, with fglrx you might still have a better
34 performance (with
35 xaa) since the tuning of the radeon driver is still not as the one from fglrx.
38 dott. ing. beso