From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Troubleshooting XComposite
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 17:01:14
1 Beso wrote:
2 > you need also to enable damage and render extension in the extensions
3 > section. here's what
4 > ity should look like:
5 >
6 > Section "Extensions"
7 > Option "DAMAGE" "true"
8 > Option "RENDER" "true"
9 > Option "Composite" "Enable"
10 > EndSection
13 > you'll also need to enable texturedrender in your device section to
14 > enable the Xv. i've been not
15 > using fglrx for some months now (the xf86-video-ati is quite enough
16 > for my needs) and i don't
17 > remember all the hacks that are available for fglrx driver. look at
18 > the phoronix forums for more
19 > detailed configuration infos about fglrx.
20 >
21 Thank you.
22 > by the way, what ati board do you posses?! maybe the xf86-video-ati is
23 > better than fglrx for
24 > your needs (it has xv, exa and opengl acceleration for boards till r500).
27 R515, so in theory, the radeon or radeonhd drivers should work. In
28 practice, I had nothing but trouble with them on my experimental setup.
29
30 Sebastian