From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Troubleshooting XComposite
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:24:05
1 2009/1/1 Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > When my hard-disk made suspicious noises recently, I decided to replace
5 > it - be safe rather than sorry - and use the opportunity to do a
6 > complete, fresh install of my system. The new system is up and running
7 > (OpenOffice troubles aside), with the added advantage that I finally
8 > managed to get to the most recent ATI binary driver version instead of
9 > that stone-age version that happened to not hang my system under the old
10 > setup.
11 >
12 > With the new driver, I want to use its AIGLX capabilities. However, I'm
13 > having trouble getting XComposite to work. I have it enabled in xorg.conf:
14 >
15 > Section "Extensions"
16 > Option "Composite" "Enable"
17 > EndSection
18
19 you need also to enable damage and render extension in the extensions
20 section. here's what
21 ity should look like:
22
23 Section "Extensions"
24 Option "DAMAGE" "true"
25 Option "RENDER" "true"
26 Option "Composite" "Enable"
27 EndSection
30 you'll also need to enable texturedrender in your device section to
31 enable the Xv. i've been not
32 using fglrx for some months now (the xf86-video-ati is quite enough
33 for my needs) and i don't
34 remember all the hacks that are available for fglrx driver. look at
35 the phoronix forums for more
36 detailed configuration infos about fglrx.
37
38 by the way, what ati board do you posses?! maybe the xf86-video-ati is
39 better than fglrx for
40 your needs (it has xv, exa and opengl acceleration for boards till r500).
43 dott. ing. beso