From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Playing DVD problems
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:17:07
1 the answer is simple:
2 kde - kaffeine+xine+libdvdcss2+the libdvd needed
3 gnome - totem +xine+libdvdcss2+ the libdvd needed
4 kde/gnome/others - mplayer.
5
6 these are the 3 main choices that are best.
7
8 2007/11/28, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
9 >
10 > Jim Seymour <jim@××××××××××××.com> posted
11 > 1196252785.21472.39.camel@××××××××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on
12 > Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:26:25 -0500:
13 >
14 > > Is it possible to play DVD's under Gentoo AMD64? I can mount and read
15 > > the discs fine. I have been trying to use Totem to play DVDs and all I
16 > > get is "Totem cannot play this type of media (DVD) because you do not
17 > > have the appropriate plugins to handle it"
18 >
19 > Might as well toss my suggestion in with the others. kaffeine is what I
20 > use here, with the xine backend. I've had no problems, and I like its UI
21 > and options. =8^)
22 >
23 > Of course, it's a KDE app, which will detour the GNOME heads much as a
24 > GNOME app would detour me. =8^) (Totem's GNOME, AFAIK.)
25 >
26 > --
27 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
28 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
29 > and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 >
31 > --
32 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
38 dott. ing. beso