From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Playing DVD problems
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:44:28
1 Jim Seymour <jim@××××××××××××.com> posted
2 1196252785.21472.39.camel@××××××××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on
3 Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:26:25 -0500:
4
5 > Is it possible to play DVD's under Gentoo AMD64? I can mount and read
6 > the discs fine. I have been trying to use Totem to play DVDs and all I
7 > get is "Totem cannot play this type of media (DVD) because you do not
8 > have the appropriate plugins to handle it"
9
10 Might as well toss my suggestion in with the others. kaffeine is what I
11 use here, with the xine backend. I've had no problems, and I like its UI
12 and options. =8^)
13
14 Of course, it's a KDE app, which will detour the GNOME heads much as a
15 GNOME app would detour me. =8^) (Totem's GNOME, AFAIK.)
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list