From: Matthew Marlowe <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Is my RAID performance bad possibly due to starting sector value?
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 23:18:04
1 I would recommend that anyone concerned about mdadm software raid
2 performance on gentoo test via tools like bonnie++ before putting any data
3 on the drives and separate from data into different sets/volumes.
4
5 I did testing two years ago watching read, write burst and sustained rates,
6 file ops per second, etc.... Ended up getting 7 2tb enterprise data drives
7 Disk 1 is os, no raid
8 Disk 2-5 are data, raid 10
9 Disk 6-7 are backups and to test/scratch space, raid 0