From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Load NTLDR from GRUB?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:59:47
1 > I've already told you that this is not true. IT DOES NOT WORK on the
2 > second
3 > primary partition. This is a known problem with grub.
6 i've had it work with grub on the second primary partition.
7 i used to have a first partition for windows, then a second for linux and
8 then the exted ones. after some system fixing i finished to have the / on
9 hda1, xp on hda2 and the other linux parts. now i'm fully happy to be with
10 /boot to hda1, / on hda2, swap /hda3 and the other parts on lvm2 after
11 removing winzoz. i had only needed a functioning wireless driver, but since
12 i wasn't able to get one in more than one year, in the end i finished
13 getting another wireless device.
14 anyway, on my system having windows on hda2 or even on extended didn't
15 bothered grub.
21 dott. ing. beso