From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Load NTLDR from GRUB?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:26:04
1 On Sunday 28 October 2007, Beso wrote:
2 > > I've already told you that this is not true. IT DOES NOT WORK on the
3 > > second
4 > > primary partition. This is a known problem with grub.
5 >
6 > i've had it work with grub on the second primary partition.
7 > i used to have a first partition for windows, then a second for linux and
8 > then the exted ones. after some system fixing i finished to have the / on
9 > hda1, xp on hda2 and the other linux parts. now i'm fully happy to be with
10 > /boot to hda1, / on hda2, swap /hda3 and the other parts on lvm2 after
11 > removing winzoz. i had only needed a functioning wireless driver, but since
12 > i wasn't able to get one in more than one year, in the end i finished
13 > getting another wireless device.
14 > anyway, on my system having windows on hda2 or even on extended didn't
15 > bothered grub.
16
17 I'd say the second partition is only a problem if the first is "seen" by
18 Winblow - that is if it has any filesystem readable by it.
19
20 Thierry
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list