From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: firefox vs firefox-bin restored on kde session
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:12:24
1 Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk> posted
2 474B3E3E.9080004@××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007
3 21:44:30 +0000:
4
5 > the session does not resume
6 > as it was but with the wrong version of firefox.
7
8 I don't personally know a whole lot about it as I tend toward konqueror
9 by default (tho I use swfdec/swfdec-mozilla and firefox for surfing
10 youtube and the like, and for the other occasional site that doesn't work
11 well with konqueror), but from what I've read over in the desktop group/
12 list, the mozilla family of products, firefox, firefox-bin, seamonkey,
13 and thunderbird, all launch using the same mozilla-launcher front-end.
14 What's more, from what I've read, it's actually not uncommon for users to
15 find the wrong one starting automatically at some point, and have to take
16 steps to reconfigure things so the app they want starts.
17
18 I don't know the details as I said, but I'd suggest you join the gentoo-
19 desktop list, and ask the question there, because I have indeed seen it
20 covered there, and that's considered an appropriate list for such
21 questions as well.
22
23 Hopefully that at least steers you in the right direction, even if I
24 couldn't help you more directly. =8^\
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list