From: Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] firefox vs firefox-bin restored on kde session
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:46:23
1 Beso wrote:
2 > hmmm.... maybe you didn't understood....
3 > when you shutdown, restart or whatever kde its last session will continue to
4 > load as it was before restart.
5 Well, maybe you misunderstood my question: the session does not resume
6 as it was but with the wrong version of firefox.
7
8 > the problem is that when you do a
9 > restart/shutdown ecc from the kde session the next time the session which
10 > will load will be the last one to load, but when you do force a restart then
11 > the last session would be the one before the forced restart.
12 That's not the problem here.
13
14 > now, if this is not your case for firefox autostart there are 2 ways:
15 > 1. the firefoxstarter app
16 > 2. a link in your /home/foo/.kde/Autostart/ directory.
17 > for what i know there aren't other methods of autostarting something
18 > something on kde.
19 > if you want your firefox to load after login then place a symlink to firefox
20 > in the autostart directory.
21 > you could also use the firefoxstarter, but it has the problem that you have
22 > to exit it when flash breaks with nspluginwrapper.
23 I don't want to add an autostart (as shown above, that's easy), just
24 find where the session applications are saved so I can zap the wrong
25 copy of firefox from it (and script this step if necessary).
26
27 Antoine
28