From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] VirtualBox: invisible executable
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:54:48
1 On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:23 AM, Tamas Karpati <tkarpati@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Sorry for a stupid question: VirtualBox installed faillessly, however,
4 > couldn't find an appropriate executable to ignite it. Only I found
5 > VBoxHeadless, VBoxSDL, VBoxVRDP, VBoxManage and
6 > VBoxTunctl in /usr/bin ... no virtualbox or anything else I've seen
7 > in wikis or at the home page. Checked /usr/lib64/virtualbox, too,
8 > to no avail. The USE flag vboxwebsrv was off but the logs
9 > mention an XPCOM server being present (after blind shooting at
10 > various exes). OpenRC is aware of the modules, seen them via
11 > lsmod after reboot. Stuck (ridicolous me today :(
12 > Plz, ideas...
13 >
14 > Thanks in advance,
15 > toma
18 /usr/bin/VirtualBox
19
20 That should start up the GUI where you can do an install.
21
22 HTH,
23 Mark