From: Tamas Karpati <tkarpati@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] VirtualBox: invisible executable
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:23:32
1 Hi,
2 Sorry for a stupid question: VirtualBox installed faillessly, however,
3 couldn't find an appropriate executable to ignite it. Only I found
4 VBoxHeadless, VBoxSDL, VBoxVRDP, VBoxManage and
5 VBoxTunctl in /usr/bin ... no virtualbox or anything else I've seen
6 in wikis or at the home page. Checked /usr/lib64/virtualbox, too,
7 to no avail. The USE flag vboxwebsrv was off but the logs
8 mention an XPCOM server being present (after blind shooting at
9 various exes). OpenRC is aware of the modules, seen them via
10 lsmod after reboot. Stuck (ridicolous me today :(
11 Plz, ideas...
12
13 Thanks in advance,
14 toma