From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: my amd64 system is not recognised at linux-*-64
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:01:53
1 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> posted
2 200904240940.01333.hwoarang@g.o, excerpted below, on Fri, 24 Apr
3 2009 09:39:52 +0100:
4
5 > qmake will read the QMAKESPEC variable. This variable is 'usually' set
6 > as /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default which is a symlink to the actual
7 > mkspec. So my symlink is right
8 >
9 > That is
10 >
11 > Eternity ~ # ls -la /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/|grep default lrwxrwxrwx 1
12 > root root 12 2009-04-23 19:33 default -> linux-g++-64
13
14 But could it be failing to dereference the symlink? IOW, is it trying to
15 match "default" rather than "linux-g++-64"? I've seen that error a
16 number of times and it's a hard one to catch in the logic flow if one's
17 dereference assumptions are incorrect.
18
19 > Of course it needs further investigation but it is rather complicated
20 > to do this right now
21
22 Understood.
23
24 The problem just interested me enough to see what I could make of it, and
25 I posted what I came up with in the hope that it might be of help to you
26 or anyone else deciding to take it further... which decision would depend
27 on having the time, of course. If you/we are lucky, some other user with
28 a bit of time and technical skills is reading, and will find the
29 discussion intriguing enough to followup on and file a bug with a patch.
30 =:^)
31
32 Meanwhile, as you said, "the workaround is quite safe and doesn't cause
33 any further problems :)"
38 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman