From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: my amd64 system is not recognised at linux-*-64
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:10:07
1 On Friday 24 April 2009 10:01:29 Duncan wrote:
2 > Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> posted
3 > 200904240940.01333.hwoarang@g.o, excerpted below, on Fri, 24 Apr
4 >
5 > 2009 09:39:52 +0100:
6 > > qmake will read the QMAKESPEC variable. This variable is 'usually' set
7 > > as /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default which is a symlink to the actual
8 > > mkspec. So my symlink is right
9 > >
10 > > That is
11 > >
12 > > Eternity ~ # ls -la /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/|grep default lrwxrwxrwx 1
13 > > root root 12 2009-04-23 19:33 default -> linux-g++-64
14 >
15 > But could it be failing to dereference the symlink? IOW, is it trying to
16 > match "default" rather than "linux-g++-64"? I've seen that error a
17 > number of times and it's a hard one to catch in the logic flow if one's
18 > dereference assumptions are incorrect.
19 >
20 According to qt-creator upstream , qmake is always looking for default symlink
21 in order to identify the correct mkspec. So , internally, qmake will run
22 something like this
23
24 qmake QMAKESPEC=/usr/share/qt4/mkspec/default qt-creator.pro
25
26 According to generated makefiles, QMAKESPEC is set to /usr/share/qt4/linux-
27 g++-64 , but that path is wrong. It should be /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-
28 g++-64.
29 But that shouldnt be a problem as long as the mkspec host is identified
30 corrently.
31
32 Gosh, what a mess
33 > > Of course it needs further investigation but it is rather complicated
34 > > to do this right now
35 >
36 > Understood.
37 >
38 > The problem just interested me enough to see what I could make of it, and
39 > I posted what I came up with in the hope that it might be of help to you
40 > or anyone else deciding to take it further... which decision would depend
41 > on having the time, of course. If you/we are lucky, some other user with
42 > a bit of time and technical skills is reading, and will find the
43 > discussion intriguing enough to followup on and file a bug with a patch.
44 > =:^)
45 >
46 > Meanwhile, as you said, "the workaround is quite safe and doesn't cause
47 > any further problems :)"
50 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
51 Gentoo Linux Developer
52 Qt/KDE/Sunrise/Sound