From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: my amd64 system is not recognised at linux-*-64
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:16:03
1 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> posted
2 200904241009.56766.hwoarang@g.o, excerpted below, on Fri, 24 Apr
3 2009 10:09:56 +0100:
4
5 > According to generated makefiles, QMAKESPEC is set to
6 > /usr/share/qt4/linux- g++-64 , but that path is wrong. It should be
7 > /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux- g++-64. But that shouldnt be a problem as
8 > long as the mkspec host is identified corrently.
9
10 Hmm, I've seen that mistake a few times too, and it's pretty hard to spot
11 as well, simply due to reader expectation "supplying" the missing word as
12 if it were there so you don't see anything wrong with it! (That's why I
13 rarely bother proofing my own posts anymore, BTW. I'll rarely see the
14 missing or incorrect word anyway as my brain simply supplies it. <shrug>
15 I'd make a /terrible/ proofreader as I often don't see it in the works of
16 others either, let alone my own.)
17
18 > Gosh, what a mess
19
20 Indeed!
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman