From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Status of Gcc-5.1.0?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 21:41:13
1 On Fri, 22 May 2015 20:35:23 +0200
2 "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
5 > isl is only pulled in by USE="graphite" for gcc ...
6 > as I don't have that set I have gcc-5.1.0 compiled and working.
7 > maybe remove that flag for now?
10 Yes, that is correct. Isl is needed only for the graphite loop
11 optimization features of gcc.
12
13 But then that leads to a new question: How important and/or useful
14 is the gcc-graphite optimization? AFAIK it does improve performance
15 in many cases.
16
17 Also, as opposed to link-time optimization (LTO), gcc-graphite is
18 stable.
19
20 Since gcc-5.1.0 is not that urgent, I'll wait until the isl problem
21 is sorted out.
22
23 Frank Peters