From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Upgrading glibc and glib
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 09:55:56
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> posted
2 200904060814.07832.volkerarmin@××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Mon,
3 06 Apr 2009 08:14:07 +0200:
4
5 > we are on the same side this time ;)
6
7 =:^)
8
9 > I love it. [FEATURES=buildpkg] is the feature with worst usefullness
10 > /advertisement rate.
11
12 I don't believe I've seen it put quite that way before, but it does get
13 the point across rather effectively, I think because one doesn't expect
14 to see "worst" used in the context of a /good/ thing (just poorly
15 advertised). I may just have to borrow it! =:^)
16
17 > I can wholeheartedly recommend it. If you have some free space,
18 > turn it on. There are no drawbacks, and a LOT of cases where
19 > it might be usefull. Inclusive 'install an almost identical
20 > gentoo fast' or 'help friend with hosed installation' added to your
21 > list above.
22
23 > There should be a section in the handbook named
24 > 'buildpkg - enable it if you can'.
25
26 I separated out that last sentence for emphasis, as it's just the plain
27 truth. Too bad there isn't such a section.
28
29 Hmm... I don't claim to be a coder, but I /have/ been told a few times I
30 should think about joining the docs team, and given that in the FLOSS
31 world, "There should be" is an invitation to make it so... Maybe I
32 should ask around and see what some of the docs/handbook devs think of
33 the idea of me doing a writeup for it.
38 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman