From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 21:03:04
On 05/06/2012 12:29 PM, Frank Peters wrote:
> > Internet searches only provide comments from Ubuntu or Fedora users > stating that "I plugged it in and it worked," which are next to useless. > I need to know what modules (drivers) and basic commands can get a Western > Digital USB external HDD to successfully mount. > > Frank Peters >
I don't have one of those drives at the moment, but on my system I typically have usb-common, usb-core, and usb-storage. Only thing I use sg for is burning CD's/DVD's. You didn't mention this specifically, so for what it's worth I access such devices as /dev/sd* just like I would any other internal drive. -- Stan & HD Tashi Grad 10/08 Edgewood, NM SWR PR - Cindy and Jenny - Sammamish, WA NWR

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>