From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 21:03:04
1 On 05/06/2012 12:29 PM, Frank Peters wrote:
2 >
3 > Internet searches only provide comments from Ubuntu or Fedora users
4 > stating that "I plugged it in and it worked," which are next to useless.
5 > I need to know what modules (drivers) and basic commands can get a Western
6 > Digital USB external HDD to successfully mount.
7 >
8 > Frank Peters
9 >
10 I don't have one of those drives at the moment, but on my system I
11 typically have usb-common, usb-core, and usb-storage. Only thing I use
12 sg for is burning CD's/DVD's. You didn't mention this specifically, so
13 for what it's worth I access such devices as /dev/sd* just like I would
14 any other internal drive.
17 Stan & HD Tashi Grad 10/08 Edgewood, NM SWR
18 PR - Cindy and Jenny - Sammamish, WA NWR
19 http://www.cci.org