From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Time Drift
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 03:20:52
1 On Samstag, 9. Juni 2007, Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > I just noticed that my time was off and after checking the logs I saw
3 > that ntpd was adjusting the time by 5 minutes several times a day for
4 > the last month.
5 >
6 > Searching around I found some hints that disabling apic might help.
7 > This is on a K8V deluxe motherboard and running 2.6.20-r7. Before I
8 > disable apic, will this have any negative effects on the system? This
9 > is a desktop system so I don't really care about power-saving features
10 > (although I'd like to keep cpudyn working if possible).
11 >
12 > I'm also running ivtv (mythtv backend) which apparently can cause clock
13 > skew due to some kind of DMA error, but I'm not seeing that in the logs.
14 >
15 > Any advice?
16
17 yeah, try removing /etc/adjtime first.
18 --
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list