From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with ethernet configuration
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 21:54:13
1 2008/11/6 manuel <kaos@××××××××××××.com>:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I have two gentoo os on my pc, same HD, different partitions. Now they are
5 > both 2008!
6 > I really don't understand why on the "first" system I can get a static IP
7 > address working, the same configuration does not work on the "second os" and
8 > I must set it to dhcp to get it working! I need to get a static Ip address
9 > 'cause I would like to map ports on my router! I've tried a lot of
10 > configurations but it still does not work and at the moment i've no Ideas!!!
13 if you have the same identical configuration one connects and the
14 other doesn't. you cannot assign the same ip to 2 different boards at
15 the same time. also if your router has saved the mac addresses and
16 binded the ips for some time (usually routers can be set to do this)
17 then you cannot bind the same ip for another pc.
18 an alternative is to set the static bind routes in the dhcp
19 configuration panel of your router and use dhcp. in this way you're
20 able to use dhcp on the pcs that will still get the same ip address
21 and so you'll be able to use them as they would have got the static
22 route. you'll just have to bind without lease the mac address to an ip
23 and then enable the dhcp in the router. i use this way of routing in
24 my network.
28 dott. ing. beso