From: manuel <kaos@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with ethernet configuration
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 22:30:31
1 Beso ha scritto:
2 > 2008/11/6 manuel <kaos@××××××××××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> Hi All,
5 >>
6 >> I have two gentoo os on my pc, same HD, different partitions. Now they are
7 >> both 2008!
8 >> I really don't understand why on the "first" system I can get a static IP
9 >> address working, the same configuration does not work on the "second os" and
10 >> I must set it to dhcp to get it working! I need to get a static Ip address
11 >> 'cause I would like to map ports on my router! I've tried a lot of
12 >> configurations but it still does not work and at the moment i've no Ideas!!!
16 > if you have the same identical configuration one connects and the
17 > other doesn't. you cannot assign the same ip to 2 different boards at
18 > the same time. also if your router has saved the mac addresses and
19 > binded the ips for some time (usually routers can be set to do this)
20 > then you cannot bind the same ip for another pc.
21 > an alternative is to set the static bind routes in the dhcp
22 > configuration panel of your router and use dhcp. in this way you're
23 > able to use dhcp on the pcs that will still get the same ip address
24 > and so you'll be able to use them as they would have got the static
25 > route. you'll just have to bind without lease the mac address to an ip
26 > and then enable the dhcp in the router. i use this way of routing in
27 > my network.
31 I'm using the same card on the same pc, but I if I boot the first os I
32 get my static conf. working when I restart the pc and I boot the second
33 os and I must use dhcp to connect! (they don't run together). I've tried
34 to connect directly to my provider's hub too, but the second os seems
35 not to support a static ip address???
36 :(