From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kdepim 3.5.7 & kpilot 3.5.5
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:41:38
1 alain.didierjean@××××.fr posted 1192705442.47173da233e93@××××××××.fr,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:04:02 +0200:
3
4 > Any known way to make kdepim 3.5.7 & kpilot 3.5.5 work together ? It
5 > seems that kpilot 3.5.7 has a low priority and some bugs left. kpilot is
6 > not included anymore in kdepim and trying to install the latter after
7 > installing kpilot 3.5.5 leads to emerge vows:
8
9 [snipped blockage list]
10
11 Have you tried emerge --nodeps ? That might do it. What I'd try first
12 would be merging the new kdepim-meta, then seeing if the old kpilot will
13 build against it (using emerge --nodeps =kpilot-3.5.5). If it will,
14 great.
15
16 Otherwise, you may have to remerge the old kdepim-meta, use quickpkg (if
17 you don't have binary packages built automatically with
18 FEATURES=buildpkg) to binpkg-up the old kpilot, remerge the new kdepim-
19 meta, then emerge --nodeps --usepkgonly =kpilot-3.5.5. That should merge
20 it fine, since you are merging the binpkg version of it so there can't be
21 any build issues, but it's somewhat of a crapshoot of whether it'll
22 actually work or not, since it would be built against the old kdelibs and
23 kdepim, not the new ones now merged that it'd be trying to run against.
24
25 HTH. I don't have (nor do I really need) a handheld, so while I use KDE,
26 I don't have kpilot installed at all and know little about it. However,
27 I'm a bit more familiar with portage, and have used the --nodeps switch
28 myself on occasion, as well as regularly using my favorite power-user
29 feature of portage, FEATURES=buildpkg, and the packages it builds as a
30 result.
35 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
38 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list