From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kdepim 3.5.7 & kpilot 3.5.5
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:51:32
1 why not just unmask the 3.57 kpilot and try to see if it builds?!
2
3 2007/10/19, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
4 >
5 > alain.didierjean@××××.fr posted 1192705442.47173da233e93@××××××××.fr,
6 > excerpted below, on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:04:02 +0200:
7 >
8 > > Any known way to make kdepim 3.5.7 & kpilot 3.5.5 work together ? It
9 > > seems that kpilot 3.5.7 has a low priority and some bugs left. kpilot is
10 > > not included anymore in kdepim and trying to install the latter after
11 > > installing kpilot 3.5.5 leads to emerge vows:
12 >
13 > [snipped blockage list]
14 >
15 > Have you tried emerge --nodeps ? That might do it. What I'd try first
16 > would be merging the new kdepim-meta, then seeing if the old kpilot will
17 > build against it (using emerge --nodeps =kpilot-3.5.5). If it will,
18 > great.
19 >
20 > Otherwise, you may have to remerge the old kdepim-meta, use quickpkg (if
21 > you don't have binary packages built automatically with
22 > FEATURES=buildpkg) to binpkg-up the old kpilot, remerge the new kdepim-
23 > meta, then emerge --nodeps --usepkgonly =kpilot-3.5.5. That should merge
24 > it fine, since you are merging the binpkg version of it so there can't be
25 > any build issues, but it's somewhat of a crapshoot of whether it'll
26 > actually work or not, since it would be built against the old kdelibs and
27 > kdepim, not the new ones now merged that it'd be trying to run against.
28 >
29 > HTH. I don't have (nor do I really need) a handheld, so while I use KDE,
30 > I don't have kpilot installed at all and know little about it. However,
31 > I'm a bit more familiar with portage, and have used the --nodeps switch
32 > myself on occasion, as well as regularly using my favorite power-user
33 > feature of portage, FEATURES=buildpkg, and the packages it builds as a
34 > result.
35 >
36 > --
37 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
38 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
39 > and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
40 >
41 > --
42 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
48 dott. ing. beso