From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Boycott Systemd
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 05:28:43
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > Finally, I know you didn't specifically said it was me, but I want to
3 > make something clear: I've *never* in this thread said that anyone was
4 > stupid or "holding back" progress. I said that the anonymous author
5 > from boycottsystemd.org was either spreading FUD or ignorant, but I
6 > presented proof of why it's blatantly false that GNOME has a hard
7 > dependency on systemd. Here are the links again: [1], [2].
8
9 I verified the inaccuracy when you first mentioned it. The ebuilds, at
10 least in the cases I examined, can use consolekit. I would not rush to
11 use that website as a citation.